Thursday, December 1, 2022
- Record yourself reading a book to share with your child while you are away from home. Did you know the Library provides a cozy space, recording equipment, some props, and a large selection of free books that you can choose from to send to your child? Available books include toddler board books, children’s books, and juvenile chapter books.
- Choose between recording your session digitally or via SD card or DVD formats.
- This program is available to servicemembers who are deployed or are preparing for a deployment. Servicemembers with children or other young family members including siblings, nieces/nephews, etc., are encouraged to participate in the program.
- The experience of reading aloud together eases the stress of separation, encourages literacy, and bridges the distance for families until the service member returns home.
- Contact the Library to schedule your recording.